20 October 2012

"I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime..."

This is a "Proof of life" post.

I do have stuff I could be talking about.  Just don't quite have the wherewithal yet.  Mostly because it requires a level of organizational thought which I'm not currently capable, since I'm still recovering from whatever Andromeda Strain kept me away from the dayjob last week.

In the meantime, here's the stuff I've been marinating my brain in for the past couple of weeks...


1
You'd think I'd have known, as a comic book guy, that avowed subbie and Wonder Woman creator William Moulton Marston actually had a hand in creating the polygraph.  I'm truly ashamed that I never knew, or at least never retained that information.

2
My current favorite comedian: W. Kamau Bell.  I'd only kinda sorta heard of him and then a couple of months ago, I'd heard Elvis Mitchell interview Bell on KCRW's The Treatment.  From there, I caught a couple of episodes of the podcast Bell does with guitarist Vernon Reid, The Field Negro Guide to Arts and Culture, and the first half of the first season of his TV show Totally Biased.

And, it just so happens he was on a recent episode of Marc Maron's WTF podcast.

3
Modern racism functions not by applying malice, but withholding forgiveness. We write so many rules that compliance is impossible, then enforce them selectively.
4
I am trying to follow some of the advice from the Inkpunks blog on Reigniting the creative fire...

5


6