04 June 2011

"People talking, people laughing. A man selling ice cream, singing Italian songs..."

The weather might've slowed the Ithaca Festival down a bit, but once the sun came out, so did most of the people.  The only things missing were some of the bands I'd seen on the Saturday part of the Ithaca Festival for years.  They either just aren't on the schedule or were playing on different days.  But still, I had my camera, and therefore, more potential story prompts.  More importantly, I ran into some cool folks!

Some friends of mine had a booth for the second (maybe third) year in a row, doing business as Flying Whale Studios.


I've talked a bit before about artist Jime Grabowski.  I first saw her work at the local comics show a few years ago.  A print of "The Doll Factory" hangs in my home office, and I can pretty much stare at it for a good hour or two at a time. 




Check out her site Prettylines.  Trust me, just go there now.

Anyway, here's the lot.  Every year, I want to call the album "Saturday in the Park," like the Chicago song.  But the park--i.e. Stewart Park--is tomorrow.