17 June 2009

"All Afternoon Those Birds Twitter Twit"

  • 07:27 Apparently the emo version of Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer" wasn't enough. My ears are melting at a dance club version. #
  • 07:28 Is the singer even old enough to even know what a "Deadhead sticker" is? She doesn't sound it. #
  • 07:30 Here--share my horror! ♫ blip.fm/~8dkq4 #
  • 10:00 Sure am glad I volunteered to take staff meeting minutes this summer. Yep. Minutes. Gotta love 'em. Yeah. #
  • 10:09 On page 243 of 272 of Black Glass: Stories by Karen Joy Fowler. "Game Night at the Fox and Goose" was slow-building but gut-wrenching at ... #
  • 10:20 I KNEW I liked Karen Joy Fowler for a reason! I'd be *proud* to be "accused" of this: bit.ly/WL8QE #
  • 11:57 #blog "Can't remember the last time I read something that made the writer in me want to pump my fist in the air." bit.ly/94snb #
  • 11:59 @gudmagazine Reading CONJUNCTIONS 52 currently. #
  • 12:05 RT @jeffvandermeer New blog post: Shared Worlds: Real Cities That Seem Fantastical/SFnal tinyurl.com/mn39kt (via @fantasymagazine) #
  • 12:28 @gudmagazine It's a literary mag that I'll pick up depending on who's in it... #
  • 12:29 @gudmagazine The latest, CONJUNCTIONS 52 has fiction by Elizabeth Hand, China Mieville, Jeff VanderMeer, Shelley Jackson, &c. #
  • 14:52 Finished with Black Glass: Stories by Karen Joy Fowler. Finished the back matter. A *very* educational read. #
  • 16:39 Pain in my shoulder since Sunday now bad enough that I need the chiropractor to fix it :(. Owie. #
  • 17:39 Appt. w/chiropractor confirmed (thank Christ)! #
  • 17:43 I want to read: Generation Loss: A Novel by Elizabeth Hand - tinyurl.com/mlbzyy #
  • 17:57 twitpic.com/7nnvh - $3.99 for a book like this? I had to buy it, 'cos it just wasn't right! :) #
  • 18:25 On page 18 of 400 of Conjunctions: 52, Betwixt the Between by Bradford Morrow. 4* for Stephen Wright's "Brain Jelly." Great slipstream wo... #
Via LoudTwitter