01 May 2009

"All Afternoon Those Birds Twitter Twit"

  • 07:49 On page 75 of 192 of Break It Down: Stories by Lydia Davis. "The House Plans" works on more levels than I can even count! 5* #
  • 07:54 RT @Abyss_Apex: We're open for the May submission period: send us your short fiction to 10,000 words and your flash fiction to 1,500 words. #
  • 11:03 RT @Ideomancer Aaaand it is now May 1, and we are closed to submissions until June 1, when the next issue comes out. Whew. :) [Darnit!] #
  • 11:06 Work is prepped for annual skool orgy of Dionysian excess. As said in every STAR WARS movie & cartoon: "I have a bad feeling about this." #
  • 11:07 Pics (that violate no HIPAA regs) to follow! #
  • 12:44 Had to turn away infiltration by intoxicated students. Hah--not on my watch! ;) #
  • 13:40 Wondering if I made a mistake leaving the relative safety of my workplace to go to lunch. #
  • 13:43 I will say though, the food here is totally worth navigating thru the drunken-student apocalypse today www.nygreencafe.com/main/i ... #
  • 13:48 @AbsoluteWrite Aw, shucks! :) #
  • 13:56 @AbsoluteWrite I blush--thanks! Can I use that as my Twitter blurb? :) #
  • 13:58 Must navigate thru the drunken-zombie-student apocalypse to get back to work. If I don't make it back, remember...I've always loved you! #
  • 14:33 Must pay it forward for #followfriday. Some good mags: @Abyss_Apex @clarkesworld @CoyoteWild @fantasymagazine @Ideomancer @strangehorizons #
  • 16:14 Still a mystery as to why dayjob is still busy during the drunken-student-zombie apocalypse. #slopeday #
  • 17:20 Work emergencies during drunken-student-zombie apocalypse = not fun #slopeday #
  • 17:24 RT @jdfreivald RT @JeremiahTolbert 5 Books on Writing and Science Fiction That Made Me a Better Writer tinyurl.com/c29we2 #
  • 17:40 *waves back* at today's new followers: @AWDawno @hilarybeard @LostZombies #followfriday #
  • 17:41 @AWDawno And, you're too kind :) #
  • 19:22 About to have my own personal EtOH-fueled zombie apocalypse to cope with the day I've had #slopeday #
  • 20:15 3 pints of ale, wings, cheese sticks, and now cheesecake. Evening's definitely off to a good start! #
  • 20:48 Just past my 4th pint, listening to a local bossa band. #
  • 20:50 @AWDawno Drink one for me! #
  • 21:39 At home now, doing 2 things to maintain my buzz: Sipping some Jameson while watching WITHNAIL & I. #
Via LoudTwitter