05 April 2009

Tough Love

It's been a week since the last critique group and I'm only getting around to this now. That's the problem with this time of year for me, but that's okay--better to light an inch than curse the darkness, right?

I'm posting this for the sake of completeness (to contrast my failure to keep my scorecards up to date for the past few months).

There really isn't enough to break down into lists of Win! and Fail! because all I brought to last group--all I could bring, given the life BS I had to contend with that week--were two rewritten scenes. I brought them looking for only two things: (a) to see whether I successfully clarified/improved on the story's McGuffin (Group verdict: Win!) and (b) whether I could answer the question of what keeps the protagonist in the situation he's in (Group verdict: A little bit o' Fail!).

So, I guess I should go and do something with these suggestions now, huh?