04 December 2008

Bat Out of Hell: Urban Fantasy Soundtrack?

Something to pass the time, since LoudTwitter is apparently FUBARed.

It occurred to me that the romance subplots of the urban fantasy/paranormal romance fiction I've ever heard discussed seem to have already been summarized back in 1977, at the beginning of Meat Loaf's classic "You Took the Words Right out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)."
BOY: On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth?

BOY: Yes

GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth?

BOY: Yes

GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws?

BOY: Yes

GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger?

BOY: Yes

GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger?

BOY: Yes!

GIRL: And will he starve without me?

BOY: Yes!

GIRL: And does he love me?

BOY: Yes

GIRL: Yes

BOY: On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

GIRL: Yes

BOY: I bet you to say that to all the boys.
I've always said Meat Loaf was a sage, ever since I first heard the truism, "There ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box."